Monday 27 May 2013

Brief 9 - Rebrand - Logo

The main part of the rebrand is that I want to update the logo that I have. Just not so keen on it anymore really - don't want to stray too far from the original though, just want to make it look more professional.

The main thing that I don't like about the existing one is the fact that the two 'a's that are in it are different due to one being normal and one being italic. Rookie mistake, and can only blame it on my just finished first year self ha, it's not too noticeable though unless you actually know about it (so I've been told). So, new typeface maybe? I like Gotham, so gave that a go.


Made it just the same as I have, already an improvement! At least the two 'a's are the same shape ha. Tried two different weights for it.

Then had a thought on using two different weights for the one logo - works alright. Think it adds more emphasis between the two words so that they still read as two even though there's no space. Do I need to have the italic though?





Evidently not, this looks a lot more formal than the previous ones. Tried a little with experimenting with the weights. Hmm! I'm not entirely sure which way round I should have the weights of the typeface - whether to have imagine in the bolder one or that in the bolder one. I experimented with different weight combinations both ways around to help make a decision.




The bolder typeface definitely works better on imagine than it does on that, so I will have it this way around. Do I need to have a top and bottom on the I though to balance up better with the capital T? Had a quick play around with this.







Hmm. I'm not sure on this actually.


Seeing them both next to each other, with and without the bits on the I, I think it works a lot nicer without them. Ah well. Sorted out the kerning next, so that it sits more comfortably as a whole.


And here it is, the new (and improved) ImagineThat logo. I am really pleased with how this has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment