Tuesday 19 February 2013

Design Context - Idea

I need to make a start to this.

I have already been collecting together examples of work that influence me, some that are for other briefs that can also suit this one as well as ones specifically for this. All blog posts like that are labelled with Design Context, and then specific ones for this brief are also labelled with Brief 6 DC.

I need to start making a point to this whole thing so that I can start gathering more information for it.

Idea
When I was watching Scrubs not long ago, a girl on there had an exam question where she had to tell someone 'why' she wanted to become a doctor. She went around loads of people and asked them and each of the answers were different and unique to each person (yes I know it's only a TV programme), and this got me thinking 'why' I want to be a Graphic Designer.

I can't remember exactly why I do, but I can remember the exact moment when I knew I wanted to be.

I think for an interesting path to take this brief on would maybe be for me to find out why I do, and then could maybe ask other people on the course as well as industry professionals why as well (great excuse to contact them!). Hmm. And I reckon through doing this I can answer the question as well. Then all the information that I gather then could maybe be put together in a book or something with work examples along side peoples answers as well as my own answer.

It's a starting point. I need to start thinking about contacting studios and what not to start gathering information before the surgeries next week.

I also need to write up my brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment