Tuesday 15 January 2013

CP // Fashion Show Pitch - Brief/Research

I weren't sure whether to pitch for this or not. I have a couple of decent ideas I think would be quite nice to do. When considering whether to I figured it would depend on when the submission date actually is.

It's today. Oh dear.

I may as well put together a pitch, I have nothing to loose by doing so. I heard someone saying that the cut off point is around 5.30? So only have a few hours. I'll see what I come up with/produce and see whether it's worth submitting. 

Brief
Here's the brief that we have been given for this pitch. I should consider rewriting this to fit the format of the rest of my briefs.


The key points that I picked out from this brief are:

  • Canal Mills is an old textile factory recently converted into an events space. We would like the history and character of the space to be used as direction for the concept of the graphics.
  • Clear, concise, professional, cutting edge, contemporary – Despite the rustic feel to the venue our vision for the interior of the event is clean and minimal.

I will work towards making sure that I convey aspects of these points within what I design. I think with the venue being an old textile factory, then a sort of vintage, old fashioned sort of feel to the designs would be quite nice, then then keeping it simple with a sans serif typeface to keep them still looking contemporary and cutting edge. 


Research
I'll look at the website for the venue to see what it is like as this may influence my design ideas. The website's canalmills.com.



The whole thing just feels rustic. These images are examples, there's more on the website. It looks like a nice location. I think the initial ideas that I am having as explained above would work quite nicely against this location.

Also, going to have a quick look at what comes up on google images for old textile factories. The link's


Main sort of colour that came up was like a dated cream colour, like sepia? Something to take into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment