Friday 18 January 2013

Penguin Books Competition Developed

After coming across this project that I have included in the Design Context part to this brief - http://s-pritchard1013fmp.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/flick.html it has got me thinking about this brief.

I am looking at designing a range of outcomes that could be something along the lines of collectors editions or gift sets, and then I thought does it have to be books?

I could step away from the idea of books and maybe explore into the possibility of maybe redesigning something else instead, like CDs or DVDs.

For example, I could look at a certain band, such as Blink 182?
  • could redesign all album covers to work as a set
  • propose a tour (similar to the Rihanna 7 7 tour? - She played in 7 cities in 7 days) - could do as many shows as there are albums in as many cities?
  • design the merch to go with the tour - posters, badges, t shirts, etc
  • do the promotion for the tour

Hmm. I quite like this idea, it is quite a bit step away from the original competition brief though. Could do a similar thing to the CD thing with DVDs/films.
  • focus on one actor/actress
  • certain genre of films
  • certain producer of films
Could maybe plan a film festival of some sort to support it? Find a reason for having the festival. 

I'll have a think about this. (Apologies for all the writing, just trying to explain my thought process for how I have got to this point)

No comments:

Post a Comment