Tuesday 15 January 2013

CP // Yearbook Pitch - Decisions Meeting

In this meeting we made the decisions on what to use, and Baljeet used what from everyones responses to put together the design boards ready to submit.

Book Binding
Beth came up with the idea to borrow the binding technique that we saw from an example that GF Smith brought along where it is a fold that will bind the book together. Great idea! This will allow us then to possibly use different stocks or what ever throughout the book, and also the fold that will bind the book will hold the disk.

Poster
Both me and Baljeet thought to have a grid for the poster and put information on the reverse (great minds and all that). She put together a much better mock up so using her example for the boards.

Book Covers
Everyone liked my idea to have the letters die cut out of the envelope, so my mock ups will be used to represent that.

Stock/Colour
Looking on the GF Smith website, they have a 'Racing Green' stock that looked like a nice colour to use, but when we had a look at the swatches of it it just weren't right nice, so we ended up deciding on using a turquoise stock. I changed my mock ups to now suit this colour.

Other
During the meeting, we each worked on mocking up examples of how things could possibly look, like in the book, PDF, etc. These were all used on the pitch boards. I experimented a bit with the layouts in the book.



Book DPS Experiments
I had a play around with the possibility for how these could look. Yes, I did start off using quotes from Batman. Why so serious?






 Decided to incorporate the stock colour into the designs. Used cyan for now.












Flush colour/stock use?


Used a colour more like the actual one.




Hhuodbhuibdiho. I'm only doing examples and I'm still being too picky. Oh dear.



We're all pretty pleased with what we have come up with for this pitch. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment