Tuesday 16 April 2013

Brief 10 - Book Name & Description Designs

As explained in the previous post, I noted down as I went along the ideas and developments for the name and description for the book which is also shown in the previous post. Here is the design development made whilst doing these.

First experiment for the brief introduction.


I wondered whether to have this on the same layout dps as the contents layout, but figured I am pretty happy with what I have for that so no point ruining it. Plus, sort of mapped out the page count for the book and have an extra dps to work with so may as well make the most of it with this. Literally just centered it in the middle of the right side of the page and I think this actually works really well.

Experimented then with the name of the book and possible layout for the cover.














I'm not really feeling these to be honest. With the last two though I experimented with shifting the logo over so that it is mostly on the back cover and spills on to the front and this works quite nice - it leaves the front cover to be a lot more simpler and to the point and keeps the main focus on the title.

Developed the possible brief description for the book, and ended up with one I prefer the most and want to actually use, so I altered the original experiment of this to now use the new one.


Had a thought then to use the phrase 'Can I help you?' which is what a customer is usually greeted with when they approach a coffee counter, so I reckon this would work quite well, especially being accompanied by the brief description I have ended up going with. I altered the front cover design to now use this.


Here's the photos that I took of the developments whilst I was doing them too.






No comments:

Post a Comment