Tuesday 16 April 2013

Brief 10 - Cup Illustrations Development

Not really feeling the grey scale colour code thing that I ended up experimenting with in the last post. Reckon if I am going to use the labels then I don't necessarily need that too. So had an experiment on how I could have the cups instead.





I definitely prefer the way that these are to the previous ones. How could I have the lid to look a bit more like a lid? Hmm.


Prefer the line one to the filled in drinking part.



Just adds that bit of extra something to them as a whole. Need to start thinking how they might actually sit on the page, such as backgrounds and what not - this could make a lot of difference to them, so experimented with a variety of possible ways. Kept them all together for now to experiment with to make sure it works across them all - once I have a decision I can start considering adding them to the actual layouts.





I really like the last one with just the while lines on the black background. Hmm. Need to experiment with the line weights though.






Reckon these work pretty well. Could I have the actual labels different though, decided to try them inside the cups instead of at the side - not keen on this though. I'll keep experimenting.



Decided to try having the lids filled white, reckon this looks a lot better as it defines more of a difference between them and the actual cup section. Also, not feeling the typeface I've used for the labels bit so decided to change this and experiment with it.





These have developed on nicely, I'm happy with where they are at at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment