Tuesday 16 April 2013

Brief 10 - Book Page Titles

Starting to think about the content of the book now. The coffees that are going to be included are espresso, americano, cappuccino, latte and mocha. I need to get the descriptions wrote up for these for me to use.

Thinking about the contents page though and the titles of the pages, I'm going to experiment with this first (to be able to put off writing stuff up that bit longer, as you do). So using the same typeface as I have done for the different things previously I experimented with it.


I increased the kerning of the typeface, which I think gives each of the words a nice feel to them.

Thinking about this whole point of the book, helping people understand what it is that they are ordering and what not. Something I have just clicked on about is how funny it is when someone asks for a drink and they pronounce them wrong - this got me thinking about how I could maybe try and assist with the pronunciation of the words. In a dictionary they have the words and then next to them they spell out the way each part of the word sounds, and also have a dot between each bit. I don't think I will bother with the spelling out how each part sounds, but the dots could be useful? Had a quick google for them.







I've decided to add these underneath the word rather than making it the actual words for titles and what not. I've experimented with the spacing and what not of these.




Once I was happy with this then I added the dots between in the spaces. Also added a quick line under the titles.






Made a couple of alterations since too. I like these though.

No comments:

Post a Comment