Friday 8 March 2013

Brief 10 - Change Logo?

When I have just blogged about the logo development for this brief, I have gotten more drawn towards one of the ones that I did previous to the one that I have. I've put the logo I decided on against the one I'm now more drawn to to compare and see whether I should actually change or not.


Where I think the one that I chose has a sort of professional feel to it, the one on the left feels a bit more suited for the sort of vibe that I am going for with the outcomes for this brief. It just feels a bit younger and 'cooler'? I really can't decide as there's elements to them both which makes me favour one over the other.

I've decided to redo the cups I have just done with the logo on them this time using the other logo to help me compare - I reckon seeing them both in context will make it easier to compare and make a decision. So using the nets that I just made with the stretched logo, I stretched the other to be just the same and printed them out.


I stood the new one against the one I chose to see which looks the best in this context.


Hmm. I need to do the reversed one I think.


And these stood together.


Hmm. All together?


I should have put a lid on the top left cup.

Looking at them like this I think the left ones look better than the right ones. Just feels more appropriate for the project I think. Going to just go with my gut instinct on this and go ahead and change to the other logo. SO, my new logo is now this.


Also, spent a bit of time sorting out the white on black version as I didn't realise before, but I lost a lot of the detail in the coffee ring when I reversed the colours round. So I've sorted it now so that it has the exact same details within it both ways around.




No comments:

Post a Comment