Monday 4 March 2013

Geek Table - Brief 1 - Geek Role Idea/Mock Up

Following the decisions that I have made regarding the outcomes that I produce for these briefs, I started thinking about what I could do for this first brief.

What makes me a geek? What makes me a type geek?

Thinking about this, alongside what I am looking into for my design context brief where I am exploring why I want to be a designer, I think the bottom line for both of them comes from the fact that I just love doing what I do. 

So how can the fact that I love designing be translated into a lino printed outcome for my first brief. Well, why type geek? Because I prefer to use type for a massive number of reasons. Hmm. Well, I do say quite often that I love type, so that's what I will produce.

Immediately, I have thought about the Milton Glasier I heart NY piece that is everywhere now, and think altering this to say type instead would be quite nice, and having it lino printed will translate pretty well as they wont all turn out absolutely perfect if I choose to produce more than one outcome. Hmm. I still need to look into getting some stuff to be able to do this. 

I've mocked up what I want to do. The type will be in black, and then the heard will be red - meaning I will be producing a two colour handprinted lino print. Nice. 


I've used a bold typeface as I want to have a large enough surface area for the print to translate on to the stock well, and I also want to have that sort of hand printed not perfect look to it. I haven't coloured the heart in as I don't really need to for this mock up. In the crit I will explain what I am doing as I haven't got the resources yet to be able to produce it.

No comments:

Post a Comment