Friday 8 March 2013

Brief 10 - Logo

As explained previously, I reckon just altering and playing around with the Typographic Expression logo that I did for the brief for the last module should work fine. This is it:


So I had a play around with using the new name instead of Typographic Expression.






Hmm. Wondered how it would work with having the word proper the same as I have it above, but thinner. The typeface that I have used for it though is just the one weight, so I put together my own thinner version of it to try out.




Can change the pt size of the lines to alter the weight of it.





Not sure about this now. Ha. Going to try using just the one typeface and try out different weights. 





Tried having it go around the circle but don't think the word(s) are long enough for this to look right. Played round with the kerning and what not but just don't really like it. Decided to try having it so coffee is bolder than proper, and think this works quite well - it gives more emphasis on the word coffee. Although don't know if I should have the emphasis more on the word proper. Hmm.

Decided to try a slightly different approach and not have it in the coffee ring, and tried having this as the O in coffee.


Not bad, but it's just too think compared to the rest of the word. Plus at the much smaller scale the detail that actually shows that it is a coffee ring isn't clear at all so just looks more like a dodgy O. Decided to have a play around with the scale of it to try and show more of the detail with in.


Doesn't really work like this either. Could have the coffee ring in the background instead of round the whole thing?


Looks alright. Having every element black makes them sort of blend more together making it slightly harder to read the name. I'll experiment with this.






Tried different colours but the browns work the best and actually make more sense. Think I prefer the other version though with the name inside the coffee ring rather than the coffee ring in the background sort of - going to go back to this.




Had a play around with the colours of it like this. The browns do work, but considering it against the outcomes that I have so far, I've stuck to basic black and white, so using colour just for the logo doesn't seem like a good decision to make - so because of this I will stick with the logo being black and white. I like the point I have reached with the logo and think this could work quite nicely as it's simple.


Just had a quick try to see if it works reversed out seen as I have designs both white and black backgrounds. It works. Check them out next to each other.


I need to have a check with the scale of the logo, make sure it works both large and small scale. Put together a quick test sheet with 3 sizes for each to check out once printed.


They're all fine, except the smaller one on the black background...


The word proper is a little too thin at this scale and hasn't printed out as well. If I use the logo at this scale on a black background I will make sure that I change the weight of the typeface up a notch so that it printed better and clearer.

I think I have my logo. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment