Monday 4 March 2013

Geek Table - Briefs Outcomes

I want to use these mini briefs to have fun with. I don't want to take them too serious or spend way too much time on them. I really fancy producing outcomes that don't just come out of a printer, so have decided to look into other printing techniques. The first obvious answer to this is to screen print, but I am doing another brief which is screen print heavy so I have decided to consider another way.

I would love to be able to do things like woodblock type for this, but it is a bit impossible to do so I had an idea to try a different approach which could be similar, and that's lino printing. I could carve letters out of the lino to use to print. In my head it would work, so need to try it out. So I have decided that for my mini brief outcomes, this is the method of production that I will use. 

Also, unless any restrictions are given where a specific shape or size is to be used for the outcome, I will stick to producing A2 outcomes as this will make what I produce more interesting and have to put more thought into it. 

I need to buy some lino stuff now - I'll look into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment