Friday 1 March 2013

Brief 10 - Tea Tags

A nice smaller touch to this brief I think would be to design the tags that come on tea bags. Using some twinings ones that I have, I've measured the size of their tags to work to - I'll attach mine on to these eventually to look more finished. For this, I considered having the 1 teapot 5 cups quote that I have on this, but I think the type would end up pretty small? Plus, the first thing that came to mind was the question along the lines of 'do you do tea?' because that is asked almost every time someone wants to order tea.

I had a play around with this.


This proved to be pickier than I thought ha. I quite like the very last one that I have though. I thought having the black sections would work quite nice but definitely prefer the designs without it. There would be more options than just everyday tea available so decided to have a quick see how the last design would work using some of the other names.


I need to make sure these actually work when they are printed. I'll also print some more to see if they do actually look better printed.


Nah I definitely still prefer the last ones. Had a thought to try them out so that it says the question on one side and then the name of the tea on the reverse side, and printed them out to see how it works.



I like them. Simple and straight to the point. I think the type on both sides could do with making a bit bigger though.


To give a better idea of the scale of these I've took some pictures of me holding them, as well as on top of the twinings teabags like I already did previously to see how they would work in context.



There's something just not quite done about them. Comparing them to the existing twnings ones though, they don't have the corners chopped off like them, so decided to chop them off and see if this makes a difference. Certainly does so going to definitely do this for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment