Friday 1 March 2013

Brief 10 - Coffee Cups 2

I must admit I have took an easy/lazy approach to the cups and just put the designs straight on to the cups. This works well looking at the straight on, but in terms of when you rotate the cup slightly the design doesn't curve around with the cup so it looks as though the sides of the designs curve up once they are wrapped around the cup. I don't know if that makes sense.

I figured I would just get away with this so long as I photo them right, but that's not the right way to approach it so I need to edit them slightly so that they work properly.

I have taken a screen shot to try and show what I have tried to explain - so instead of having the original straight lines I need to have them curve with the cup, as well as the lines going vertical to be slightly diagonal so that once it wraps around the cup it then goes back to being vertical.


I finished editing this.


The difference between these when I take a photo of the one I had before to this now edited one shows a lot better what I have tried to explain.


Works a lot better now that its been edited. 


When the new edited versions are on their own it's not really that obvious the amount of difference it actually makes, but when it is put next to the other ones then it proper shows up the differences.


Oh dear.



All newer versions together. Works much better.


Now I've got the proper better edited versions, I did the same again to reverse them out so that I am back to the same position as I was at the end of the last coffee cups post with trying to make a decision to which way to have them.




When I printed these ones out, my printer has now started to be very awkward and printing out with white lines all the way through the black and then after I cleaned the print heads countless times and got them back to being right there's now next to nothing black ink left. Lovely. Not going to bother taking photos of them to add to this now, going to get some more ink and print better versions of them to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment