Friday 29 March 2013

Geek Table - Brief 2 - Zone Idea/Mock Up

For this brief, I'm going to do the same as I did for the last one where I mock up the idea for how it would ideally look when I actually produce it as I still need to look into buying the stuff I need in order to actually do the prints.

In terms of the idea though, I have no idea. Oh dear.

The obvious choice is music as I've always got music on, especially in the studios. But what could I do with that that still relates to type?

  • band/artists names
  • song names for lots of songs
  • song lyrics from specific song
  • lines from lots of different songs
  • hmm
Not really feeling this though, and the fact it's to be orange isn't too thrilling either. 

Usually, when I have stuff I have to have done for what ever reason (crit, deadline, print slot, etc), after I've done procrastinating for way longer than I should I usually then make a cup of coffee and get my headphones on and have music turned up really loud.

That's it! - what gets me in the zone is music and coffee. Could do something with this.

I want to have a print that is a little more adventurous/experimental than the last one so I could maybe have the words overlap?

Idea
I like the idea to have the words overlap, and then I could use two different shades of orange then the areas that do overlap could potentially mix a third? HMM.

With this whole brief being about being 'in the zone' though, I could print both words coffee and music over the top of the word zone, that way they would be... yes, 'in' the 'zone'. Clever. I'll have zone printed in one colour first, then print over the top both the words coffee and music that fill the same sort of area that the word zone does in a different colour.

If this works out how I am imagining it to, then it could look pretty cool. Here's the mock up developments of the idea that I made.







No comments:

Post a Comment