Monday 4 March 2013

Brief 1 - Lego - Drawing Around 2

Following me sending out the survey, I figured I may as well try out some more ideas with what I have been doing using the responses I am getting. I really could do with making some decisions about what I want to actually do as well. Hmm.

First one I've decided to try is a space ship - basically because of how simple this build will actually be and then it will be the actual imagination with it that will make it more like one. More drawing around it may be needed for this one.


Not sure what colours to use for the bricks. I want to try and stick to like the lego colours range. Decided to try it on the blue background and have a play around with it.




I like the use of the yellow lines on the blue, especially with me using the white bricks on top. Decided to add the logo to the corner like I tried on the end of the last post. Also, had a quick idea to have a very short sentence to accompany this relevant to what the build actually is. I thought with a space ship, having '3... 2... 1...' would be quite fitting.


Another response I have had (I will properly analyse and show them on a separate blog post soon) is boats and ships. I like how simple the build is for the space ship above so trying a similar approach with this one. I like the bit more detail with the drawing as well.


Again, tried it on the blue. I considered altering the colour but then the sea is blue so is quite fitting to this.



And again with the logo. This time I wrote at the side for this 'Ahoy there!' because it seems fitting with a boat. I think having that's quite nice. Hmm.


Next I decided to try out a bus and did the same with the background.



And tried a castle.


Animals have come up a couple of times in the survey responses. Not sure about these though, have given it a go though. First tried a sheep and then a cow.


Not really keen on these really so going to just leave them.

Looking back at what I have done, I need to consider the background a bit more. I figure the castle would maybe suit a green background rather than a blue one, sort of suggesting it is in a field? Hmm. 


Not so keen on the yellow lines on the green background though so decided to try white out - this works better. Decided to add the logo to the corner like I have quickly tried previously, and thought an interesting short sentence to use for this would be 'holt, who goes there?'. 


Haven't took the screen shot very well. Works well though, think the green works quite nice. Next I've decided to try the bus on the green background instead.


Again, not keen n the yellow lines so tried out the white and works better. Put the logo and sentence at the bottom again - need to figure this out better so I can start to make progress with this now. The sentence I've used for this is 'the wheels on the bus go...'.


I decided to have a see how it would work to have just the lego illustrations without the drawn lines over the top. I did this with a variety of the ones that I have done so far to see.



This works quite nicely actually. But I do like the lines though as I think it shows a bit more creativity and the imagination behind what has been 'build'. Hmm. It is good to know that it would work either way. I need to start making some decisions.

Decided to try quickly how it would work with the white lines on the blue background for the spaceship/rocket. I think if I go ahead with these lines then I need to keep them consistent. It does still work as well as it did with the yellow lines.


Had a quick thought to see how it would work to maybe just built a wall with the bricks. Didn't really have much more thought than that about this really.

No comments:

Post a Comment