Friday 1 March 2013

Brief 10 - Cup Holder

At work instead of having trays to carry take away coffees they use this folded cardboard thing. They're pretty cool actually once I managed to get over the fact they don't really look that safe ha. decided I'm going to make one of these as part of the range of outcomes. I managed to get one from work to use as a guidelines for the measurements. Works out to be just slightly smaller than A3.


Spent a while trying to think of what to use on this. Don't want to use a quote because they will be on the cups so don't want them to clash or anything - plus I think keeping this pretty much just white would look quite nice. First thing I thought of to use was 'have you got a holder?'.


Thinking about it though, they more often get called a 'thingy' than a holder. This might work better. Also remember one time when I got shouted at by a customer and they said to me 'I haven't got enough hands' (even though they only bought two drinks), so might work well to use this too for a bit of humour.


I like the idea of having all of the white space on this. Decided to take out the folds that are either sides of the text so that it literally just curves around. I think this would look smoother and work better with the white space. Need to print it out and see if it's working. Going to be a bit of a DIY job to stick together in 2 parts with it being A3.


The straight round curve works quite nicely and looks a lot cleaner. Decided to try it out with cups in is to see if it makes any sort of difference.


Decided to try out the black cups in it - think my decision in terms of that is swaying more towards the black cups now especially after seeing how well they work against this. Hmm. 

Having a think to what else is asked when people ask for these. There's the classic 'what am i supposed to do with this?' response when the customer first gets one and snatches it off you, and then there's a better way of them asking for one along the lines of 'have you got something to carry them with?'. Will try out both of these, decided to try the typeface thinner due to there being more text in these ones. 


(Forgot to screen shot this better). Again, need to print to see how this is working.



Hmm. I like both. Not sure which to choose (not doing well on decision making). Could consider having a range and using both? Hmm. If I do do that though I need to have them using the same weight typeface and what not. I'll have a think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment