Tuesday 5 March 2013

Brief 4 - Doodling

I had one of my long train of thoughts, so decided to type it out...

Trying to think of a new direction to take this brief on, and it made me remember about a book that I bought just before I started back on 2nd year and it was called a 'doodle book', and basically each page was different and had different ways to doodle on ti. Proper loved this book and ended up filling it out. Can't find it now though, but if I do I will blog it.

This got me thinking about producing something similar - doodle book.

Would just basically be copying what they did though.

Hmm.

I like type.

Maybe I could somehow include both doodling and type to it? Doodling type?

Would this sort of be like designing new typefaces though? Hmm.

The book could either be for personal use (for an individual or just for myself), or it could be something that I ask other people to use and give back to me.

Could use the type doodles to extend the brief?

Make a second book with everyones type doodles in there sort of like a showcase? Could do prints and what not? Maybe digitise what people do?

Could keep it open and maybe give a grid for people to use to doodle the type on to? Not everyone would want to doodle a full typeface though, some people sometimes just doodle certain letters or words. Hmm.

I could give the project more of a structure, and maybe sort of like give people (if I decide to make this something to ask people so do) the freedom to doodle as they wish, but within certain constraints.

Could take it back to just doodling, but suggest that they doodle within the area of a letterform - sort of like tracing it? Make doodles/patterns of a specific typeface.

I like this idea. This ultimately would give me two parts to the brief - one part to design a book for people to use to doodle into, and then another to produce a book (and other things maybe) to showcase what I have collected. Could also just be for myself though and just do it lots of times and maybe call it some sort of productive procrastination book seen as I always like to doodle crap.

I'll do this. Boom, sorted. I need to get a new brief typed up and get started on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment